Pages

Friday, September 09, 2005

random attire

today my hair is long. possibly longer than it's ever been. possibly. it's also clean. a state which does not occur with the frequency my mother would like it to. i'm sure there aren't many mothers with wishes to have their children running around with unclean hair. i, however, possess such proclivities. i have no idea why. today i'm wearing my hair down. jesus-style. it's been beaten down in the past eight months by the sun, salt water oceans, metropolitan cities, the cambodian country-side, chlorine and me not cutting it once. still, it continues to thrive. today i'm wearing a white shirt i purchased in thailand. it's of a very light construction. gossamer-esque will have to suffice. i bought the shirt because it seemed like my other shirts were made in other, different, far of countries (which i'm sure they were) where the denizens have never expeirenced a hot climate (which i'm sure they haven't, ok, well, not like this anyway). in a shorter form, i bought the shirt to help me fend off the "all-i'm-doing-is-sitting-here-eating-and-i'm-sweating-my-ass-off" conditions i found myself in. it turned out the "conditions" didn't give two shits about my new lightweight shirt. i continued to sweat. profusely. which, when considering the doctor's advice that the dr. hst himself once received, the fact that sweat was being rapidly expedited through every pore in my body became a somewhat reassuring notion. not that the copius amount of sweat produced by my body made my visit to thailand unenjoyable. it was merely something to which i hadn't yet become acclimatized. thailand was my favourite stop on the current world tour. southeast asia in general really. my southeast asia being comprised of thailand, cambodia, vietnam and singapore. no laos or malyaisa. . . they'll have to wait until next year. back to the shirt. at least my new shirt didn't turn into the equivalent of wearing a wet towel after ten minutes as my other shirts seemed to. it's so light in fact that wind is able to penetrate the fabric, another worthy attribute. my white shirt is complimented by my black shorts which also double as a swimming suit. just in case the need for said activity should arise. which, although it often did in thailand, it rarely does here in seoul. my random attire is topped off, or bottomed off as it were, with sandals. they've gotten me this far and are by far my favourite choice in footwear for '05. until now i've been chasing summer around the globe and my sandals have been there provding momentum, balance and agility at an alarming rate.

ok i'm done with this exercise in structure-tone. yes i stole that.

No comments: